COG is a property management company and acts on behalf of the Owner of each individual Property. COG is NOT a party to the rental agreement, which is between the User and the Owner. Important: Any use in any capacity whatsoever of the website www.cogrentals.com necessarily implies the unconditional acceptance by the User of these TOS.
The terms defined below give the parties the following meanings:
"Resident" refers to any user registered on the Website who wishes to rent properties available online. "Listing" refers to all material concerning the rental listings, including photographs, descriptions of the property, prices and references under the description. "Services" refers to all the paid additional services provided by COG on the online Website such as an extra fee for cleaning, kashering, succah. "Housing" refers to the available properties published on the online Website. "Member" refers to any user who registers on the Website. "Website" refers to the Website accessible at www.cogrentals.com The Website amalgamates all online web pages hosted by COG. "User" refers to any person who visits the Website, including Tenants.
The User acknowledges having the skills and means necessary to access and use the Website and has verified that the configuration used contains no viruses and is in perfect working condition. COG strives to provide tenants with available and verified information or tools but will not be held responsible for errors, lack of availability of features or the presence of viruses on its Website. The Website is accessible 24 hours a day and 7 a week. COG will not however be held responsible for any discontinuities of the Website and its services, whether voluntary or not. In addition, for maintenance reasons, COG may interrupt the Website and will endeavor to inform Users.
Access to the Website is open to all online Users, as are the ads and the calendar, which displays apartment availability. However, for some Website features, Users need to be a Member in order to gain accessibility. For example, only Members may book online on the Website. As such, only individuals, be they under or over 18 years of age, may register to become a Member and/or justify an authorization from his legal representatives or any corporation acting through a natural person with legal capacity to contract in the name and on behalf of the legal person . The Member agrees not to create or use other accounts that were initially created, either under his own identity or that of a third party, without the prior written permission of the publisher. Otherwise if he did not get prior written permission, the account will be suspended, including all services associated with it. The Member is obligated to notify the publisher immediately of any compromise on the confidentiality of his password or any other third party use of which he has knowledge. Upon receiving this notification, the editor will delete the password within 48 hours, allowing access to the customer center. If the Member has selected to login using the integrated Facebook connection to the Website interface, COG has the right to use the data available from the Facebook account. Once the Member has provided their Facebook username and password, COG allows the Facebook login to connect automatically on subsequent logins to the Website. The data available on the Member’s Facebook account allows the User to register without having to complete a new online registration form. The personal information COG requires in order to perform a reservation is collected directly from the Facebook account, with the authorization of the Member.
COG may make inquiries we consider necessary to help verify or check your identity or prevent fraud. In some jurisdictions, we have a legal obligation to collect identity information to comply with anti-money laundering regulations. This may include asking you to provide a form of government identification (e.g., driver’s license or passport), your date of birth, your address, and other information.
As part of the use of the Website, each Member undertakes not to undermine the public order and comply with laws and regulations, respect the rights of third parties and the provisions of these TOS. Each member is obliged to:
The publisher strives to offer Tenants information or tools available, which are correct and verified. However COG will not be held responsible for any errors, lack of availability of features or the presence of viruses on its Website. The Website is accessible 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The editor of the Website will not, however, be held responsible for any discontinuances and interruptions of the Website and its services, whether voluntary or not. In addition, the publisher of the Website may interrupt its activity for maintenance reasons and will endeavor to inform Users of this interruption.
COG disclaims all responsibility:
In the event of abnormal use or illicit exploitation of the Website, the User will be held responsible for any damage to third parties and for the consequent actions or claims that may arise. COG will not, under any circumstances, be held liable for non-performance or improper performance of contractual obligations attributable to the User, in particular during the exchange of information between Users or when publishing content by Users. COG will not be held liable or deemed to have breached these terms in the event of any delay or failure when the cause of delay or non-performance is linked to a case of force majeure as defined by the applicable law. COG is not responsible and thus does not repair any consequential damages suffered by Users or any third party due to the use of the Website. Here, the term "indirect" damage refers to damages that are not exclusively and directly the result of a COG actions or lack thereof.
The total price to be paid by a COG Tenant always includes the price of the property rental, plus the listed cleaning fee and applicable local taxes.
The total price is also subject to optional Services (such as an extra fee for Pesach koshering or succah). The fees, charges and deposit are all detailed in the Listings. These amounts correspond to the prices and fees that we know are in effect when the contract is agreed upon. Fees that are not under our control (such as local taxes, etc.) may be higher or lower than we publish (for instance, if they have changed in the meantime). These will be finally determined according to the rate that applies on the check in and check out dates.
If your reservation was made through another online provider and not through COG website, it is possible that the online provider did not charge you for the listed cleaning fee, applicable local taxes and optional Services. If that is the case, COG will charge you for the remaining amounts.
The delivery time of the Services can be from one to three days, prior to booking, according to the Service chosen. The amount of security deposit varies between the properties. It will be requested before check in, and refunded/returned after check out if no damages are found in the apartment, as described at article 7 of the present TOS.
After the Tenant selects the property and the extra Services, he will complete the reservation process by paying with a credit card or via the Paypal secure payment module directly on the Website. The prices are in New Israeli Shekels and the commission on extras proposed by COG varies according to the proposed Services. COG offers the secure payment system PAYPAL. The cost of credit card payment is entirely the responsibility of the Member. The proposed method of payment is SSL secured payment. This payment protocol is standard and recognized worldwide for the protection of data transmitted over the internet. It is available on almost all Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Microsoft, Navigator V1.1, Netscape, Firefox etc.). The information Members provide of their credit or debit cards (number, expiration date of validity, etc.) is encrypted before the sending of the email to the transactions payment server. The amount of the reservation will be charged by COG.
The security deposit is subjected to be withheld for the following reasons:
In order to avoid any conflicts, COG recommends that if something is damaged during your stay you should contact the office.
Only members who have stayed in the precise locations may evaluate the accommodations. Each Tenant will receive an email message within 48 hours after checkout reminding them to comment and assess the precise housing in which they stayed. COG has a pre-moderation power over the comments left by Members. Comments must, in any event, not conflict with any laws and regulations, morality and public order, nor denigrate disproportionately the accommodations displayed on the Website. COG has also provided tools that enable members to share the advertisements across different community Websites, social networks and blogs published by third parties. COG exclusively allows the User to share this type of communication for promotional purposes, excluding any commercial use or promotions unrelated to COG projects.
According to the Consumer Protection Law 5741-1981 and the Regulation No. 2(3) to the Consumer Protection Regulations (cancelling of a transaction), 5771-2010, the Consumer may cancel the reservation and/or the service within 14 days from the reservation's date, provided that the date the service is due to commence is not less than 7 days from the day of reservation.
In case of violation of these TOS, COG reserves the right to take the following measures with the Member concerned:
COG disclaims all responsibility:
Regarding the content posted by the Tenants, COG has moderating rights on the comments left by them. Tenants will be invited to comment on the Website in an email sent by COG 48 hours after the end of their stay at the COG property. TRAVEL-RELATED SERVICES THAT COG CONNECTS YOU WITH, SUCH AS AIRPORT TRANSFERS, LUGGAGE STORAGE AND CITY TOURS, ARE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, NOT COG. COG DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR THOSE SERVICES AND THEIR ADEQUACY, SAFETY, QUALITY OR CREDIBILITY.
COG will not, under any circumstances, be held liable for non-performance or improper performance of contractual obligations attributable to the User, in particular during the exchange of information between Users or when publishing content by Users.
COG will not be held liable or deemed to have breached these terms in the event of any delay or failure when the cause of delay or non-performance is linked to a case of force majeure as defined by case law courses and courts.
COG is not responsible and thus does not repair any consequential damages suffered by Users or any third party due to the use of the Website. Here, the term "indirect" damage refers to damages that are not exclusively and directly the result of a COG actions or lack thereof.
Except for content posted by Users, the brands, logos, slogans, graphics, photographs, animations, videos, and texts found on the Website are the exclusive intellectual property of COG and may not be reproduced, used or represented without the prior express consent of COG under penalty of prosecution. Total or partial representation of the Website and its contents, by any means whatsoever, without the prior express consent of COG is prohibited and constitutes an infringement punishable in Israel under the ninth chapter of the Copyright Law, 5768-2007
The insertion of deep links to a page on the Website is prohibited without the prior written consent of COG. COG expressly forbids: the extraction, by permanent or temporary transfer of all or a qualitatively or quantitatively substantial part of the contents of a database to another medium by any means and in any form whatsoever, and the reuse of all or a qualitatively or quantitatively substantial part of the database content.
These TOS are binding upon registration of a Member on the Website. These TOS are binding throughout the operating life of the Website, and until new TOS replace the present.
COG hereafter reserves the right to change the above TOS at any time. The changes will take effect 48 hours after publication. Users will be informed of TOS changes by consulting the date of last update of the TOS.
The fact that one of the Parties did not require the application of any provision of these TOS, whether permanently or temporarily, shall under no circumstances be regarded as a waiver of such provisions. If any provision of these TOS were to be invalid under a legislative or regulatory provision in force and / or a court decision having force of res judicata, it will be deemed unwritten but will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully applicable. In this case, the Parties will agree upon a new provision to replace the one declared null and irrelevant. It is stated that the new provision must resemble and comply as much as possible with the spirit and the economic impact on the Parties of the provision replaced.
THESE TERMS ARE GOVERNED in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel. If necessary, any claims arising will be adjudicated by a Court within the city of Jerusalem (unless no such Court exists). This applies to substantive rules and procedural rules, notwithstanding the execution venues substantial or accessory obligations.
The fact that one of the Parties did not demand the application of any provision of these TOS, whether permanently or temporarily, shall under no circumstances be regarded as a waiver of such provisions.
These TOS do not grant any guarantee or exclusivity for the provision of services to Users.
If any provision of these TOS were to be invalid under any law or regulation in force and/or a court decision having force of res judicata, it will be deemed unwritten but will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully applicable.
The purpose of these General Rental Terms and Conditions is to stipulate the conditions for rental of the residential apartments managed by City of Gold Apartments Ltd. for the sake of private owners. Anyone who books through www.cogrentals.com or one of the company's representatives certifies to have prior knowledge of these General Rental Terms and Conditions and accepts them unreservedly.
1. Prices of are quoted in US Dollars and/or New Israeli Shekels, excluding tax (where applicable) but all payment shall be done and charged in New Israeli Shekels according to the updated daily currency at the moment of payment. The traveler acknowledges having been informed that only foreign travelers who do not have Israeli citizenship will be exempt from the payment of VAT at the rate in force. (Where relevant.)
2. The reservation of an apartment by City of Gold Apartments Ltd. is made upon receipt of full payment. In the absence of payment, City of Gold Apartments Ltd. shall not be obliged to retain the booking. In the event of a modification of the reservation, then the nightly rates may be subjected to a change according to the public rates marketed for the specific period requested.
3. A security deposit in the amount listed for each property shall be paid to CITY OF GOLD APARTMENTS LTD. The security deposit shall be provided by a credit authorisation on the day the reservation is confirmed. If no damage is noted at the expiry of the rental, no charge will actually be made. Failing this, the the costs of the rental repairs will be charged to the credit card. In the event where the cost of the damage should exceed the amount of the security deposit, CITY OF GOLD APARTMENTS LTD. shall be entitled to charge the full amount of the damages.
4. The rental price is payable by credit card. The credit card information will be kept as a deposit for any breach of the General Rental Terms and Conditions.
5. In the event of cancellation of a reservation more than 90 days before arrival, City of Gold Apartments will refund 70% of the rental fee already paid. In the event of cancellation of a reservation more than 30 days before arrival (but less than 90 days), City of Gold Apartments will refund 50% of the rental fee already paid. There is no refund for reservations cancelled less than 30 days before arrival. These cancellation policies apply in the case of direct booking through the www.cogrentals.com platform, City of Gold Apartments representatives, or City of Gold Apartments direct partners. If you booked through a partner platform like: AirBNB, VRBO or any other online channel, please refer to the cancellation policies through the channel (usually strict-non refundable conditions).
6. OBLIGATIONS OF THE RENTER The unit is being delivered furnished with the understanding that all appliances (oven range/stove, washer/dryer, refrigerator, microwave) and utilities are in working order and that the apartment is furnished with clean furniture, bedding, towels, kitchen utensils (pots, pans, dishes, silverware) and cleaning supplies. Tenant agrees to return the premises upon the expiration of its lease period in the same condition as when first leased, usual wear and tear excepted.
The tenants shall not:
The tenants shall:
7. The Landlord and Managing Agent shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense to any person or property except if such loss is caused by willful acts of the Landlord of Managing Agent.
8. Israeli law governs this rental contract and these General Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute arising concerning the performance or the interpretation of the rental contract and/or these General terms and Conditions, the Courts of the location of the apartment shall have jurisdiction. In the event where one of the provisions of these General Rental Terms and Conditions should be judged illegal, null and void or inapplicable for any reason whatsoever, it would be considered not to be part of these General Rental Terms and Conditions and it would not affect the validity or the application of the other provisions.